|Title:||CapTel Trainer - (1) Day flex, (1) Eve flex|
|Application Deadline:||open until filled|
Relay Center Manager
Prepares and teaches comprehensive training programs that are designed to maximize the effectiveness of new and existing Trainees.
- Constructs training programs designed to provide trainees with the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in their positions.
- Gains and maintains a strong understanding of all relay related information to training programs.
- Identifies shortcomings in trainees and informs the Quality Assurance Department and Supervisors of these weaknesses.
- Responds to Quality Assurance Department and Supervisor feedback on existing Relay floor staff and determines an appropriate training-based solution for improvement.
- Assesses the abilities of each Trainee and determines a realistic timeframe for beginning full Relay floor responsibilities.
- Utilizes existing presentation and training materials in a creative and effective manner.
- Trains on a multitude of topics such as relay procedures and company policies.
- Adjusts training program to fit the continually changing needs of the relay environment.
- Measures recruiting and training methods, and reports information to the Quality Assurance Department and the Relay Center Manager.
- Solicits and utilizes recommendations for training topics from many resources including the Relay Center Manager, Quality Assurance Department, Relay Floor Supervisory Staff and external resources.
- Utilizes a variety of methods to aid the improvement of Trainees and Relay floor staff as it relates to call processing.
- Provides direct supervision to Trainees and Relay floor staff when resolving difficult or unusual call situations.
- Works with Relay Floor Supervisory Staff and Quality Assurance Department to identify training needs, and will assist in the training of Relay Floor staff as call handling weaknesses are identified.
- Develops and fosters a positive, energetic, enthusiastic work atmosphere that stresses team above self.
- Develops and initiates professional Trainees and Relay Floor Staff call processing techniques and directs all Trainees in applying the same standards and techniques to their calls.
- As requested, implements training techniques to shorten the amount of training time as well as increase the effectiveness of the training program.
- Communicates with Trainees, Relay Floor Staff and all other management personnel in a positive manner.
- Maintains the ability to work flexible hours and will teach day and evening training classes.
- Regular attendance that is punctual and dependable is required.
- Assists in a Supervisory role on weekends and holidays as needed.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned by the Relay Center Manager.
- Carries out “special project” needs as assigned.
- Willingness to process relay calls when needed.
- Ability and willingness to travel alone.
Preferred education, experience, and skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A combination of three to five years of work experience or schooling related to education or training is preferred.
- Knowledge of deaf and or hard of hearing culture is preferred.
- Ability to develop a comprehensive understanding of relay policies and procedures.
- Strong verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Proficient with computers and software programs.